RSS Feeds and Newsreaders

   With RSS “Really Simple Syndication” and a newsreader you can get all the news you need in one place. Instead of visiting different web pages or blogs the information is sent to one place. This definitely saves time. I found this video very helpful in understanding what RSS is and how to get started:



   I chose Google reader for my RSS feeds just because I feel comfortable using Google. Activating an account is simple. I thought I had to set up a new email address in order to have access to Google reader but I didn’t. I used my AT&T email address. Once my account was ready, I clicked on add a subscription, entered the URL address of the blogs I wanted to follow and that’s it! Google reader has an app for Androids.  I can access Google reader from my phone which makes it easy to follow the two library blogs from anywhere, anytime.  

I recommend the Google reader to anyone that has blogs or web pages they like to visit daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment